ETHICAL ENGAGEMENT RING & LAB-GROWN DIAMOND EXPERTS IN THE SOUTH WEST, UK
We want this policy to reassure you that we are completely committed to keeping your information safe, but if you have any questions you want to ask us, please email us at [email protected] or write to us at Suite 1, Mansion House, Prince’s Street, Truro, TR1 2RF.
When shopping with us and using this website, the data controller is Kinetique Ltd. (trading as Ethica Diamonds).
When handling your personal data, we will always comply with the obligations set out in the Data Protection Act 1998 (the DPA) and the General Data Protection Regulation (the GDPR) from 25th May 2018. We also promise to do the following:
- – We’ll only collect and use your information where we have your permission to do so.
– We’ll be transparent in our dealings with you and tell you how we’ll collect and use your information. If we collect your information for a purpose, we’ll only use it for that purpose, unless you’ve been otherwise informed and given your permission where relevant.
– We won’t ask for more information than we need for the purposes for which we’re collecting it.
– We’ll update our records when you tell us that your details have changed.
– We’ll periodically review your personal information to ensure we don’t keep it for longer than is necessary.
– We’ll ensure that your information is securely disposed of at the end of the appropriate retention period.
– We’ll observe your rights under applicable privacy and data protection laws and will ensure that queries relating to privacy issues are dealt with promptly and transparently.
– We’ll train our staff on their privacy obligations.
– We’ll ensure we have appropriate physical and technological security measures to protect your information regardless of where it’s held.
There are various ways in which we’ll collect information from you, such as:
- – When you shop with us, online, in-store or on the phone
– When you register to create an account with us online
– When you request a brochure or a ring sizer from us
– When you enter a competition or prize draw
– When you complete a survey or questionnaire
– When you signup to receive emails from us online or over the phone
– When you start a purchase online but don’t complete it
– When you write a product review
– When you place a product on deposit
– When you use our Repairs service
– When you contact our Customer Services team
– When you talk to us on Facebook, Instagram, or any other social media channel
The information we collect and how it’s used can include:
1. Your contact details (name, telephone number, email address, billing address, delivery address)
- – To deliver your order
– To discuss and send updates about your order or purchase or repair
– To discuss an enquiry or complaint with you
– To carry out necessary fraud checks
– To send you offers, news, inspiration and other updates (if you’ve opted in to these communications)
– To send you an electronic copy of your receipt
– To follow up on your order and request a review
2. Your transactional and browsing details (purchased items, items you’ve saved to your ‘favourites’, items you’ve added to your bag, where you purchased)
- – To make product recommendations
– To enhance and personalise your shopping experience
– To send you reminders of your shopping bag or favourites list
– To meet our contractual obligations for things like refunds and exchanges
– To inform you of any upcoming promotional events events (if you’ve opted in to these communications)
– To help us understand how you use our website
3. Your device details (IP address, location, device details)
- – To deliver the best shopping experience for your phone/laptop/tablet
– To carry out necessary fraud checks
4. Your payment information (your payment card’s expiry date and last 4 digits). Your other payment details, such as card number and CV2, are taken by our secure payment gateway (Stripe) which we use to process your payment without needing to know your card details.
- – To carry out necessary fraud checks
– To process payments and refunds
5. Your interactions with us (emails and letters you send to us, chat transcripts you have using our Live Chat service, phone calls you have with us)
- – To ensure we’re providing you with the best service possible
– To assist with training and development of our team
– To support with complaints
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We will never sell your personal information, but there are occasions where we need to share it with trusted third parties, in order to meet our obligations to you and provide certain services.
- – Couriers and delivery partners, so we can send your order to you
– Fraud prevention services, to protect you and us from fraud
– Payment providers who we partner with for payment services, such as Deko & Duology finance and credit/debit card processing
– Technology partners that help service our website and key business systems
– Other service agencies who we carefully select to provide support for things like advertising and marketing
– Any third party that requires us to disclose personal information in order to comply with legal, regulatory and statutory obligations, such as a law enforcement agency
– Please be assured that when we outsource any processes, we ensure that these companies have adequate security measures in place. We’ll also require them to comply with privacy principles as part of our contract with them.
In order to be able to offer you Duology’s payment options, we will pass to Duology certain aspects of your personal information, such as contact and order details, in order for Duology to assess whether you qualify for their payment options and to tailor the payment options for you.
OTHER THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from third-party websites, such as the partners we work with. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies, which we would advise you to check before submitting any personal data.
HOW WE STORE AND PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
The security of your data is extremely important to us and we have various measures in place to ensure we’re doing all we can to protect it.
All details held in the ‘my account’ section of the website (for registered customers) are password-protected.
We serve all of our pages securely using the https secure technology to encrypt the data you enter and prevent unauthorised access.
We also regularly test the robustness of our IT systems to identify any vulnerabilities.
We may monitor the use and content of emails, calls and secure messages sent from and received by us, in order to detect the transmission of computer viruses and attempts to prevent this website or its services from working.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
We’ll retain your information for as long as is required to carry out the relevant services it was collected for, or for as long as you keep your account with us.
You have various rights over the personal information we hold about you.
- – You can request to access the data.
– You can correct any incorrect or incomplete information we hold.
– You can request that we delete, remove or stop processing your data.
– You can withdraw your consent, or change your preferences, for Marketing communications.
– If you wish to do any of these things you can contact our customer services team at [email protected] or by calling 01872 222248.
OPTING OUT OF MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
You can opt out at any time by doing one of the following:
If you’re registered online, you can login to your account and change your preferences.
You can click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any of our Marketing emails.
You can Contact Us using our online form, or email us at [email protected]
You can write to us: Customer Services, Ethica Diamonds, Suite 1 Mansion House, Prince’s Street, Truro, TR1 2RF Cornwall.
You can call us on 01872 222248 and speak to our Customer Services Team. They are available Monday to Friday, 9.30am-4.30pm.
If you have concerns about the way we handle your personal data, you can contact the Information Commissioners Office.