ETHICAL ENGAGEMENT RING & LAB-GROWN DIAMOND EXPERTS IN THE SOUTH WEST, UK
Warranty & Guarantee
Ethica Diamonds guarantees your engagement ring and wedding band to be free of manufacturing defects and your new jewellery is covered against manufacturing defects for a 5 years, giving you full peace of mind.
As each ring is made-to-order and crafted specifically for you, slight variations are to be expected, and are not viewed as a defect. If the damage is deemed outside of a manufacturing defect, we’ll always let you know the price of a repair before beginning any work.
If you believe your ring has a defect, you are able to send it back to us at any time for an inspection where we will repair or replace your ring as deemed appropriate. We will not be able to advise if the repair will be covered under the manufacturing warranty until we have taken magnified photographs which will help us identify the cause of the damage. Please ensure that you arrange adequate insurance for your valuable jewellery item to cover risk of loss or damage and the cost and insurance for all items being sent to Ethica Diamonds is the responsibility of the sender.
We offer 2 parts to our warranty, one is for the jewellery itself and the other covers the Ethica Diamond/s and coloured gemstones.
- This warranty is against manufacturing defects only and these defects are usually noticed when your jewellery is first received. Manufacturing faults include breakdown of the metal which is seen as fracturing from porosity or inconsistency in colour or texture, chain detachment from a jump ring etc.
- Loose diamonds, and/or loose claws on new or resized jewellery (carried out by us) is guaranteed for the first 30 days only, provided there are no signs of accidental damage/(knock, blow or pulled claws from clothing snags) to the jewellery.
- A lifetime warranty is given on all Ethica Diamonds and coloured gemstones against manufacturing defects only and it will be replaced free of charge in the event of loss of optical properties or discolouration. Cracking or fracture to the stones almost always occurs from damage, not a manufacturing defect. We will inspect every item that is returned to us and advise accordingly if the repair is chargeable or not.
*exclusions apply – please see below
PLEASE NOTE – These are examples and will not be covered under our warranty.
- – Wearing your jewellery when exercising, gardening etc can cause damage including scratching, warping, stretched chains/rings, lost or loose stones etc and all damage from improper wear is excluded.
- – Improper cleaning or storage.
- – Accidental damage (usually a blow/strike to the jewellery/snagging claws on clothes) that may have caused scratching or damage to the setting, lifted claws and/or loosening or loss of stones.
- – This warranty excludes the replacement of any lost centre stone, or any stone larger than .02ct. We will provide a cost price to replace lost stones plus a workshop setting cost. Stones of .02ct and below will only be replaced inside 30 days from purchase and/or resize with us, provided these is no signs of damage that could have caused the stones to fall.
- – Jewellery that is returned without original documentation and/or proof of purchase.
- – All loose stones purchased from us, that are not set by us. Once you pass your personal possession to a third party, it is at your own risk. We cannot be accountable for anything that happens to a stone that you purchase from us once authority is passed on.
- – Jewellery that has has been altered, repaired or resized by a third party. (the only exception is if you’re purchasing outside of the UK and need a third-party jeweller to resize your ring.)
- – Rings that are worn together set in different metals and/or stones types may cause wear which will not be covered in our warranty and we will not be responsible for any damage caused to jewellery worn incorrectly.
- – Shoulder set rings or multi-stone rings that have been returned to us for resizing up, resizing down or rings returned to us for repair carry a risk of disturbing the side/shoulder stones in their setting. We cannot predict what may happen to these types of rings once have been altered from the original manufactured size and responsibility then lies with the owner. Resized rings become more vulnerable and further disturbance to an altered setting can cause stones to loosen and/or fall out. Please ensure that you take extra care with sizing before ordering a ring with more than one stone because we will not be responsible for the cost of repair to altered settings.
- – As with all diamond jewellery that is set by hand, there is a “bedding in” period which is more often than not within the first month of the diamond jewellery being worn when it is newly set. It is more commonly seen in gold rather than platinum because it is a softer metal, but it doesn’t exclude platinum. As the precious metal is worn, it warms up and cools down which can sometimes cause stones to become loose/rattle or very small stones might fall and is no means a reflection of the quality of product purchased.
- – Shoulder set designs, especially those with many small diamonds are more susceptible because the claws are so small and delicate, there is a greater chance for the tiny claws to loosen slightly over time which may lead to the stone eventually falling. It can also be caused by a clothing hitch that may have gone un-noticed or a slight knock which can slightly loosen the claws.
- – Halo designs have small stones set around the centre stone. These can be claw set or channel set. Claw set halo designs are more vulnerable than channel set because the sides of the small stones are exposed, so can get knocked without protection, which may cause the stones to become loose or distort from their setting.
- – The minimalist design of tension settings lacks the security provided by traditional claw settings and this should be considered before purchasing. This means that tension set rings need a little extra care. Exposed stones settings carry a greater risk of damage and so tension settings risk damage from knocks and bangs, particularity if set with larger carat stones. The stone will become loose if pressure from an outside force strikes a tension setting.
If you have specific questions about our warranty, please Contact Us.
We’ve curated an Annual Jewellery Maintenance package with everything you need to keep your engagement and wedding rings in perfect condition. Our Annual Jewellery Maintenance package includes clean, polish and replating of your jewellery (if required) as well as checking any settings for loose claws or stones. You can learn more about the Annual Jewellery Maintenance here.
Even with the best of care, jewellery pieces may require professional attention and if you wear fine jewellery daily, a little wear and tear is normal. We offer a full aftercare and maintenance service for existing clients, where all repair and re-finishing workshop services are carried out at a Loyalty Cost (non-profit) price.
If your Ethica Diamonds piece requires service – please Contact Us for shipping instructions. Upon arrival, our workshop team will assess the damage and send follow up information regarding the estimated cost of repair, if relevant, and the time required to complete the repair job.
Clients are responsible for shipping costs (to and from our workshop) for cleaning, inspections, and repair work.